Friday, November 11, 2011

Cipriani

It's been a while since I've last posted... but I still haven't stopped my quest in continuing to try all the lovely food around here. On the eve of Irene visiting, thought I should give another wall st setting a visit. Set out with lovely greek architecture, in the middle of wall street, featuring 70 foot ceilings... this is definitely a lovely hall setting for any event. As much as I love to enjoy the design and view, I was here for the food.

Cipriani
Butter served in scoops... a very cute touch. Would have look better if the plate was filled, but I'm not sure I could use all that if that were the case.

Galantina Di Pollo
And so I decided to start off with their galantina di pollo. A few thin slices of deboned stuffed chicken meat, served cold. It was reasonable, with the light dressing and that the meat didn't fall apart. A nice light touch to the start.

Cold Broccoli Soup
To add to the starter was some cold broccoli soup. Only downside to this was that the plate and bottom of the bowl was warm. Slight contradiction to the cold soup I must say...

Tagliatelle with Fresh Peas
To go with an interesting night, I opted for their tagliatelle made with fresh peas. A very simple yet effective dish. Pasta was nice, would have preferred it to be a little more al dante, and the pea sauce wasn't too overpowering. However it feel a little plain after a few mouthfuls.

Fruit Tart
To end off, a fruit tart. It's always fun to have some italian where they bring out a whole cart of desserts for you to see and then pick from.

All in all, a reasonable experience here. Food wasn't that impressive compared to other italian places I've been. The location was close to home, and being able to experience the building... that was impressive.

55 Wall Street
(Between William and Hanover Street)

No comments:

Post a Comment