Sunday, May 29, 2011

Dinosaur Barbeque

With the quality of the ribs at this so called dinosaur bbq been talked up so much, such that it appears as its the best bbq ribs ever... there was only one way to find out. Which was to go there and try it in person!! Only downside was that it's all the up in harlem and for dinner, that is definitely quite a trek...

Dinosaur Barbeque
This is the first time i've been there, and i've been told it has moved locations. It's now at a much larger location to accommodate more people. And even with this size, it is definitely packed out. I can so imagine being back here in summer, sitting outdoors!! Inside, they showcase the massive woodfire with the large amounts of log. I assume they don't really "clean" out the oven they use to keep all that great taste!

Swag Shared Platter
A swag shared platter to start... with wings, spicy shrimp boil, fried green tomatoes and deviled eggs. I've never heard of fried green tomatoes or deviled eggs but boy did they live up to expectations!!

Tres Hombre
I settled on a tres hombre plate consisting of bbq pork, texas beef brisket and ribs. Not to mention the grilled mac and cheese and fries, and corn bread as sides!! Unfortunately I failed to finish off the plate, and it would have taken an almighty effort. Possibly doable if I didn't have the starters!! The flavour... was so great that I could say this was one of the best ribs I've ever had. The sauce is where everything's at, and the variety of meat... was maybe just a little too much meat overload.

Peanut Butter Pie
Peanut butter pie!! Just looks like an normal slice of cake, but no... More like a massive peanut butter hit. It's amazing how strong and filling this small slice is, and I'm definite there's no chance that I could finish it. Even with only a few bites, I was overwhelmed (in a good way).

Dinosaur bbq... something that is a definite must!! The hard bit is to decide what to eat, and how much of it...

700 West 125th Street
(Corner of 12th Avenue)

No comments:

Post a Comment