Sunday, May 29, 2011

Vito's By The Park

After a long day (probably too long) spent in hartford, the last thing to do was to grab a final bite before heading home for some much needed sleep. I guess I over estimated what's actually in hartford...

Vito's by The Park

Across from the main park was vito's. It actually had quite a few people inside (compared to those in the city), so I thought this might be a good place to try. Appearance wise, felt classier than expected.

Vito's by The Park
Complimentary bread with some dipping sauce. Nice that there was a selection of bread and the sauce was a highlight. Kept going back and finishing off the bread!

Pineapple Upside Down Cake
A pineapple upside down cake martini. Not sure which bits are upside down, nor could I taste anything to do with cake??

Proscuitto and Sopressata
To drag out some time before the bus, started with some proscuitto and sopressata antipasti. Nothing really to rave about, but this was the first time I had tried sopressata (that I know of anyway). It's meant to contain some hot peppers, but I couldn't actually taste it.

Grilled Sea Bass with Butternut Squash and Fig Risotto
One of the specials of the day. Grilled sea bass served with butternut squash, soaked fig risotto with a herb sauce. Something very different I must say... Never thought of combining a grilled fish with a risotto like that, especially with butternut squash. Lots of different flavours and textures hit you. Something worth trying, but not something I'd go for again. And serving size overall - was extremely filling.

Tiramisu
After a bit of time to rest, to end the night was a tiramisu. Still not a fan of whipped cream, and I avoided that. I felt it could of been done lighter, and I've had better.

Surprisingly at what felt like an little isolated location, vito's is a pretty well done restaurant. Apart from the fact that is no ny, the prices were the same. Extremely surprising!

26 Trumbull Street
Hartford

No comments:

Post a Comment