Sunday, May 29, 2011

Nem Nuong Ninh Hua

As one of my favourite viet noodles, I had to give it a shot when my auntie said this was the place to go. Don't know why and when, but the spiciness has always been one of the reasons i've loved bun bo hue, along with its thin vermicelli noodles.

Nem Nuong Ninh Hua
Luckily, getting there at opening time means a fairly empty place before the rest of the world packs in. Even better that the wait time for food should be less. Once inside, the place does give off that vietnamese feel with the decorations.

Iced Coffee
Vietnamese iced coffee... can't really say no to that. But what I haven't figured out is, eating in and it's still served in take away cups?? I do wonder if having it served in these thin plastic cups takes away some of the flavour.

Bun Bo Hue
My favourite bun bo hue. It actually tasted really nice - not the best I've had, but pretty good. Given that I've yet to find any decent vietnamese food in nyc - I guess LA is much better. The soup wasn't spicy enough, but had the flavours essential to bun bo hue. They also had the mint leaves, which many places seem to leave out. Even better was the blood jelly thats included.

Banh Beo Chen
One of their famous dishes, banh beo chen. These are steamed little rice cakes in individual plates! Served with fish sauce and fresh chilli. I've never been a great fan of rice cakes in general, but the toppings definitely balance everything out!

Definitely one of the places I would go back to for viet food. Nice, comfortable and enjoyable. Best thing is the food isn't a disappointment!

9016 Mission Drive
Rosemead

No comments:

Post a Comment