Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Viet Cafe

I haven't really had any vietnamese food while here, apart from some order in which was I guess acceptable for delivery. What I thought was a warm-ish night turned out to be colder than expected and the small trek felt much longer than expected.

Viet Cafe
I've walked past this place a few times thinking I should give it a try. It's a quite spacious and dimly lit place with some vintage vietnamese paintings and stylings on the wall.

Goi Cuon
Shrimp roll... but with a modern twist. In fact, I was really impressed with the way it's done both visually and how it tasted. The only downside I found was it came with peanut sauce as opposed to the typical hoi-sin sauce with peanuts and chilli that gets served with your normal goi cuon.

Bun Cha Ha Noi
Wasn't what I expected of the pork and meatballs either. Usually all served in a bowl but this was separated out into its dipping sauce. I felt the sauce was too strong for what it was, and was slightly disappointed. That aside, the meat was done really nice.

Next time I'm back for a simple meal, would definitely give this another go. Although I want something more traditional, the modern twist does give it a fresh new feel that's worth going for.

345 Greenwich Street
(Near Harrison Street)

No comments:

Post a Comment