Sunday, April 10, 2011

ViVi Bubble Tea

Of course while in chinatown, it would be necessary to try one of the bubble teas. A local recommended this place because it has options without the pearls (and replaced with jelly etc...). One option was with pudding??

ViVi
It's a pretty small store, with a small bench on one side where you can sit and drink if you really wish. You are facing a big mirror on the wall tho...

ViVi
But on the wall contained lots of photos. Most likely of staff (and their friends??) all dressed up from halloween (or so it seems). Quite cute (gives off the taiwanese style fashion), and I'd assume it was run by and worked by taiwenese staff. The photos did keep me entertained until I received my drink.

Taro Bubble Tea with Pearls
As usual, I order the taro milk tea with pearls. Took quite a while to arrive (longer than I'd usually expect). The large size was.... reasonable (not too large). They were very generous with the pearls I must say. However, you could see them shaking with their hands to mix the artificial powder together... and it did taste extremely artificial.

Still doesn't match the taste of chatime... how I miss that. But that's currently in a total different country, and it'd be hard to compare. But overall, not bad... but not great either. Maybe should try some other flavours they have available next time!

And yes, I still haven't figured out the U and V differences they use here... It is called ViVi, but its printed out using UiUi >.< I noticed that at a subway last time that said "svbway"...

49 Bayard Street
(Near Elizabeth Street)

No comments:

Post a Comment