Monday, March 21, 2011

Chelsea Square Restaurant

After a morning of strolling around the Chelsea area, found myself in the middle of Chelsea getting hungry. Probably wasn't a great idea to skip breakfast, but that just meant more to eat at lunch =P

Chelsea Square Restaurant
It was a nice little (well not so little relatively) place on a corner. A nice cosy olden style place with the dessert in a cabinet at the front. Tempting as it is, dessert probably not a great idea for a brunch.

Hungry Man's Breakfast
Feeling hungry as I was... opted to try the hungry man's breakfast. Something that I'd never really thought about going together, but what the heck... Two eggs my style (poached), with sausage, ham, bacon over french toast with maple syrup. Yep... interesting combo

Hungry Man's Breakfast
Even more interesting when you break the yolk over the french toast and bacon, drenched in maple syrup. Interesting is probably the only word I can think of... but it wasn't revolting and... it was a large, more than filling meal. The poached eggs were... not in the best shape with a little too much water left over the top. French toast was a little too brown for my liking, but still soft and thick enough. Enough to soak up all the maple syrup (and egg yolk). For a brunch at only $10, great value I would say.

The combinations of food here continues to amaze me, and I'll continue to experiment on things I never thought possible.

368 West 23rd Street
(Corner 9th Avenue)

No comments:

Post a Comment