Monday, March 7, 2011

Dylan's Candy Bar

Bringing back memories of a kid (or maybe that I still am a kid? =P)... I come across a candy bar!! Not that I've ever got to experience anything like this... but I did remember the jumbo sized lollipop sticks that I got as a reward on the very rare occasion.

Dylan's Candy Bar
Walking in... this is what I see. Lollipops all the way to the ceiling!! What a way to start the morning... on a sugar high!!

Lollipops
Not only was there just sugar (and lots of it)... even Ken and Barbie made an appearance!!

Ken
Now I've always felt that places here in ny were small. But boy was I wrong... the main floor was reasonably sized and contained enough different sugars to last the whole day. But wait, there's more. Heading downstairs I'm confronted with...

May each step you take be SWEET
Stairway to Candy Heaven
Stairway to Candy Heaven... indeed each step was SWEET, and yes... this must be HEAVEN for a little kid.

Gumballs
A bathtub of gumballs?? Imagine bathing in that!! Apart from the fact you'd be all sticky... definitely something fun =P

Nostalgic Candy
Though the most memorable section must have been this nostalgic candy section. (I'm still not used to calling these things candy - much prefer lollies!) Contained so many different ones that I've never seen for too long. Even had the chocolate ciggies that are now banned...

In amongst all these... there's of course the m&m's and jelly bean machines. Fill up as much as you can =)
I'm sure I'd do so... but there's the actual m&m's factory - so I guess that will be saved for that adventure!

I could spend all day here... not sure how well the teeth would like it, but I'm pretty definite I'd just stay on a constant sugar high! Nothing wrong with that either... Now the only thing to look forward to is April... the Grand Opening of the actual Candy Bar where you can sit down and EAT AWAY...

1011 3rd Avenue (60th Street)
New York

No comments:

Post a Comment