Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Milk Bar

As always, it's one of the best things to look forward to for a weekend. Especially a saturday morning in search of some nice coffee.

Milk Bar
This week was different. First time that we've decided to make a trek into brooklyn for coffee. We've heard how all the great coffee is there, but had always lived in hope that there was something good enough in manhattan.

Milk Bar
Now what's a milk bar without milk bottles? Run by another aussie, expectations were high. And with the place totally packed in the morning... sounded like this might have been a great decision

Skim Latte
A large skim latte that my friend always orders... served in a counter culture coffee mug.

Latte
My regular latte, in its normal glass cup. From first sip, wow... I could taste the coffee and you could feel the caffeine run through the body. For sure, I was impressed. Definitely one of the best to date! It's hard to compare this against La Colombe which was my first real coffee here... The first time is always memorable =)

HCT Croissant
To finish it off, a ham, tomato, gruyere cheese, scrambled eggs croissant sandwich!! My word, to date this is the best scrambled eggs I've had! Crispy croissant to go with it, the eggs were just... fabulous! It's amazing that the eggs were not overdone, with section of the egg white done separately mixed in with the rest. Add to that, some freshly cracked pepper... I am definitely coming back here for more!

620 Vanderbilt Ave
(Corner Prospect Place)

No comments:

Post a Comment