Friday, March 18, 2011

Nirvana

When I first saw the name Nirvana, memories of Kurt Cobain came back... Although he's gone, this place is still going strong. It had been a while since I've gone out to eat Indian - and with the help of an Indian friend to order for me, this was going to be a sit back, relax and eat moment. Having not tried any indian places here, nor heard of much - I wasn't sure what to expect.

Nirvana
Upon entering... this place felt quite trendy. Set over two stories with a nice bar downstairs... was off to a great start from randomly picking a place. Tho, as random as it could be, I did pick from a place in Murray Hill (also known as Curry Hill from all the great indian restaurants in the area).

Nirvana
The table was set out really nicely. Not something I would of expected from an indian restaurant. Felt more like fine dining with the candles and roses. As I didn't pay attention to the menu, I'm not actually sure what each of the dishes are. All thanks to my friend for ordering =)



With some crispy bread and dipping sauces to start... I remember the sauces to be mint, capsicum and sweet tamarind. It was the tamarind that stood out!


Some grilled cheese (not sure which kind) as a starter


Deep fried broccoli with some spicy sauce. First time I've tried and thought of deep frying broccoli..





The different curries... chicken, chicken, more chicken and some vegetarian.


Can't have curries without some naan bread! Especially when garlic naan is even better!

All in all, was a great and pleasant experience. Wasn't sure what to expect - and it did deliver more than expected.

346 Lexington Avenue
(Between 39th and 40th Street)

No comments:

Post a Comment