Thursday, March 17, 2011

Le Pain Quotidien

Wasn't expecting to come back to this place so soon... but came across a different store in town and with its previous good experience, wasn't something I was going to say no to. Tho this time, was looking forward to seeing what else I could try!

Belgian Hot Chocolate
What better way to start the morning than with a nice hot chocolate. What was more fun was the hot belgian chocolate you got to design yourself! Of course, after you all mix it... your pretty design is gone. But at least the sweet taste of chocolate stays with you.

Fresh Fruit Salad
To balance off a healthy start, some nice and vibrant fresh fruit! Definitely great with a large range of different fruits to suit anyone!

Roasted Pork and Pickled Red Onion Tartine
Trying to stay relatively healthy, decided for a tartine. This was roasted pork and picked red onion with arugula and whole grain mustard mayonaisse. Tasted refreshing and different... good way to start the morning with an atypical brunch.

Again, wouldn't say the food was exception - but really liked the presentation and nice touches. Service at entrance was great, directing us upstairs right away knowing that there was space. But then once upstairs, it was relatively different. Waiter was decent enough, but I felt didn't pay enough attention eg. trying to place an order because I was really hungry, and once I had finished took a while before getting the check.

Although with the slight complaints I've had, I'm sure I wouldn't stop coming back to this bakery =)
Stay tuned while I try out their full menu!

7 East 53rd Street
(Between 5th and Madison)

No comments:

Post a Comment