Friday, March 25, 2011

Popeyes

Deep fried chicken... can't really go wrong here I'm sure! Popeyes, named after the character Popeye Doyle in the French Connection. In the states, a national survey rates Popeyes better than KFC!

With my first experience originally in Dallas (must say - love the specials there! $1 for 2 pieces on every tuesday?? How can you manage that...), I wanted to try it again.

Popeyes
Comes in a bright orange box that you can't miss! Of course, I over-order... Knowing that I can still have more afterwards!!

Popeyes
Comes in the hot and spicy or the original (unlike KFC where it's so hard just to find a spicy one!!). The texture of the crispy skin layer, reminds me of chicken express. I still think KFC has a thicker and more "flavoured" spice as part of the marinade.

Cajun Fries
And this time, I get the cajun fries to go with it!! It really just makes me think of curly fries, but without the curls. Of course, I can see how "healthy" this meal is going to be (and the next few days...)

It also comes with biscuits... (kind of like the dinner rolls that come with KFC) but these aren't what I expect when I hear the name "biscuit". Reminds me of when a colleague back home told me about "biscuits" (as he was from the US). Essentially, it was like a "muffin" but they don't have muffins here... but how wrong could that explanation be!! More like a doughy bread, flattened out... with LOTS and LOTS of butter. But it crumbles once you bite into it... and how I hate them and I'm sure I won't be having any again! But at the end of the day - it's all about the chicken here!

No comments:

Post a Comment