Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Gimme Coffee

So it seems (and it's true) that my coffee adventures have come to a grinding halt. I've actually lost count of how many weekends it has been since the last adventure in finding some good coffee. Never too late to get back on track, it was time to find these hidden coffee gems!

Gimme Coffee
Another little coffee place (as they all are), with nothing too flashy about the store front. Was hoping there'd be something screaming "gimme" given their name, but nothing like that to my disappointment.

Latte
With my typical latte, I was a little disappointed with the minimal coffee art compared to what I have been accustomed to. Presentation is one thing, it's the coffee flavour that matters most. Maybe it's that I haven't had decent coffee for a while or that starbucks and dunkin donuts have just corrupted my caffeine intake ability, I didn't find this coffee to be that great overall. Sure enough, it was nice, satisfying, but didn't give me a coffee hit like I was expecting. The coffee was a little hot, but otherwise ok. I liked the little touch on the coffee cup with their store name. I guess everything is always compared to my favourite la colombe with that unforgettable experience.

228 Mott Street
(Near Prince Street)

No comments:

Post a Comment