Tuesday, August 16, 2011

La Creperie

When in france, must have crepes. Or so I've been told. And of course, I did.

La Creperie
After a massively long walk in the gardens of versaille, came across this creperie.

Fermiere
With the too many choices of crepes to go for, I asked for a recommendation. The waiter came back with the fermiere. A crepe with camembert cheese, apples, bacon cubes and arugula salad. Definitely interesting combinations here, and it came out with some refreshing arugula to balance the flavours.

Fermiere
Appearance from only the outside uncut doesn't show you much, so I had to split it open to see the apples, bacon and large amounts of camembert! I was surprised by the different flavours this produced.

La Fameuse NBG
And of course, you can't just have a savoury crepe without having a sweet one. I went again with his recommendation of la fameuse nbg. With nbg meaning nutella, banana and vanilla icecream! Luckily it was a balance of flavours and nothing overwhelming.

Crepes... how can they go wrong, especially with a glass of cider to go with it all.

85 Rue de la Paroisse
Versailles

No comments:

Post a Comment