Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Hsin Wong

And with the lack of simple food over the many months, sometimes random conversations brings up a craving for simple chinese food.

Hsin Wong
And so I set off back to chinatown for a comforting meal. On one weeknight after work, it was definitely extremely empty. But having heard good things about this place, I'm sure it would be fine.

Roast Pork, Roast Duck and Fried Egg on Rice
Funnily enough, I never usually order rice dishes. But not having a rice cooker here... and not taking the effort to get or make rice, made for an exception. With the option of 2 meats, I went with roast duck and roast pork. It also came with a fried egg, and some cabbage on the side in addition to some simple vege soup. Given the craving I was having, it was actually pretty decent. Better than I expected.

For a very simple and cheap meal, I guess you can't go wrong here =) Next time I'll try for the soups and something fancier.

72 Bayard Street
(Near Mott Street)

No comments:

Post a Comment