Thursday, August 25, 2011

Nathan's Famous Frankfurters

Apparently one of the best hot dog joints across the US through tradition. Available across 50 states, it must be doing something right for it to keep going especially against the little carts in town.

Nathan's Famous Frankfurters
Yep, famous since 1916! Quite a bit of history... and nothing fancy about the logo or design.

Nathan's Famous Frankfurters
Sure enough, the place was packed. No sit down area either. Since the older days, it now also serves burgers and cheesesteaks. But I was only here for one thing... hotdogs =)

Hot Dog
And so I ordered an old fashioned lemonade to go with the dog. The looks very... simple and plain. Sauces is self-serve, and of course I smother it with ketchup and mustard. On the serious side, I couldn't really taste that much difference with this compared to other hot dogs I've had... The bun was a little bit nicer, being warm. The dog itself, relatively felt that it has less junk meat (even though I'm sure it all is). Just the texture was a bit nicer.

Nathan's famous hot dogs... did it live up to expectations? No... I don't think so. Really just tasted like a lot of most other hot dogs in town (apart from the street carts). And sizing is still really small. Makes me want to have the hot dogs back home when I do go back!

1310 Surf Avenue
Coney Island

No comments:

Post a Comment